The CEO Institute WA Summit 2018
"Today, business leaders are searching for an edge, a differentiator in the market - first to survive, then to thrive. Innovation goes beyond technical wizardry and research. It is not a one-off event or action; it is a constant." - CEO Institute
Business is never easy, even if the formula of service delivery is simple.
There are hundreds, sometimes thousands of others out there in the market that are doing it profitably for less or using technologies and processes that you have not considered.
Therefore being able to be a part of such a great summit and hearing from those who are innovative leaders across a range of industry areas is a great privelege.
"Not only do you learn how they are doing it but you can turn their ideas into your own. It is also such a great place to benchmark yourself and your success. Every panel discussion bombards you with ah....hah moments and ideas".
Left to right - John Williams - Managing Director Combined Team Services, Ancrun Hubbard Director - Sure People, Kris Harold Director - LinkPADD.
Here are some that I picked up yesterday when I attended the CEO Institute - WA Summit.
• You must have a champion to drive change
• Managing a remote workforce is going to become even more difficult
• We have hackathons every 3 months
• Prevention is better than cure
• Managers must understand their people
• You must have the right culture in place
• You must keep your culture under control especially with a transient workforce
• Hire for attitude and personality and train for skill
• The most praised generation of all are entering the workforce and you must be able to deal with this
• Outside passions are becoming important as work
• Entrepreneurship has become a big thing
• Do not hire from the CV
• People must be driven, humble, resilient and show respect
• Use one-on-one's and meetings to overthrow negativity
• If you want to stay #1, then train like you're #2 - Gary Johnson CEO Steel Blue
All in all it was a great day, a great lunch and the opportunity to speak with and network with some of the best.
Thanks for a great day - John Williams